Bio Surface Peel
So what’s so great about it? Let us tell you. Many chemical
peels today are too tough on skin – so tough, they can damage living cells and cause adverse side effects. But NEW Professional Expert Strength BioSurface Peel is different.
The product of years of research by the skin health experts at Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute (IDI), it powerfully targets fine lines, hyperpigmentation and breakouts to take skin health to a whole new depth –
even for sensitive skin.
BioSurface Peel can be used to help:
- Decrease surface roughness
- Treat breakouts
- Reduce fine lines
- Stimulate cell turnover and collagen production
- Brighten the skin
- Minimise the apprearance of pigmentation
- Reduce signs of photageing, skin ageing and breakouts
Why BioSurface Peel?
Formulated with the most progressive technology available to minimise downtime while still
attaining exceptional results. It is a biologically active, biphasic peel that will work on both the epidermis and the dermal-epidermal interface.
a chemical peel works.
All chemical peels work by removing the outer layers of the skin. The depth of the peeling is determined by the chemical agent
used and the concentration, among other factors. Following a chemical peel, the deeper layers of the skin will respond by regenerating new skin and by increasing the production of collagen. The result is a look that’s smoother and more youthful.
How is it different to other Dermalogica skin treatments?
is Dermalogica’s most powerful resurfacing system to date. BioSurface Peel is unlike any other professional treatment on the market. It delivers visible results without the adverse side effects of aggressive chemical peels. This intense treatment requires
the professional skin therapist’s undivided attention. therefore, there is no customising, no mixing and no massage.
As this is an advanced treatment
a consultation and patch test are required at least 24 hours before your first treatment. A course of treatments is required, with a minimum of 3 treatments, but ideally 6, at regular intervals. Your skin expert can advise you on the best treatment
for you and help you to acheive your desired results. There are important pre-peel preparations and post treatment instructions, so these will be discussed with you prior to commecing your course of treatments. Find out more about the guidelines
Bio Surface Peel pre-peel preparation
treatment you will receive is designed to exfoliate or remove dead skin cell on the outer (epidermal) layers of the skin. Depending on the treatment, you may experience some temporary burning, itching, stinging or warm flushing. This will fade within 5-10
minutes and your professional skin therapist will discuss and monitor these sensations. During the next few hours, you may experience some tightening of the skin, which may last for several days. For some clients, a light flaking may begin within 2-3 days
after treatment. It is impossible to pre-determine how much peeling will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 7-10 days.
participation during and after the treatment will determine the outcome. It is important that you strictly adhere to the homecare products and regimen that your professional skin therapist has recommended. The Bio Surface peel may not be suitable for everyone
and it will be left to the therapsist expert advice as to whethere or not the treatment can carried out.
Before you receive each Bio Surface Peel treatment
you will be asked to confirm the below statements:
- I have not received a cosmetic or resurfacing skin procedure such as laser, light therapy, chemical
peel or microdermabrasion within the past 2 weeks.
- I am not pregnant or lactating.
- I have not used
any prescribed topical medications such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Retin-A.
- I do not have any active cold sores.
- I have not received Botox or other injectable procedures within the past 6 weeks.
- I have not used Isotretinoin (also known as Accutane) in the past 6 months.
- I agree to apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily.
- I agree to notify my professional skin therapist
- I agree to follow the prescribed protocol.
- I agree to avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- I agree not to wax for 72 hours.
You will be asked to sign a Consent for Treatment
and your therapist will verbalise and provide written Post-Treatment instructions.
BioSurface Peel will not be offered to new clients prior without a
full consultation. It may be necessary to carry out a specified homecare routine for the weeks leading up to your first treatment to ensure that your overall skin health is good, which will result in improved results and safer practice. Please contact
our Professional Skin Therapist if you have any questions.
Bio Surface Peel Post Treatment Instructions
Use the following guidelines until your skin has resolved peeling (approximately 7-10 days.) For more sensitive skin or after a more intense treatment, consider following these guidelines
for at least 10 days.
1. Immediately following treatment, apply a broad spectrum physical sunscreen (minimum SPF30) such as Dermalogica Super Sensitive
Shield SPF30 or UltraSensitive Tint SPF30. Avoid direct daylight exposure for 2-3 weeks and wear a 3” wide brim hat if going in the sun is necessary. Direct sun exposure must be avoided to prevent hyperpigmentation.
2. On the day of treatment, avoid strenuous exercise or prolonged exposure to heat sources such as dry saunas and steam rooms. Increased blood circulation to the face will cause an increased warming
effect, which could lead to discomfort(prickling, itching, etc.), redness, inflammation, swelling or other side effects.
3. Increase your fluid
intake for 2-3 days after the Bio Surface Peel treatment
4. On the night of treatment, rinse your face with cool water and a gentle cleanser such
as UltraCalming Cleanser, then moisturize skin with a barrier-protecting moisturiser such as Barrier Repair. This will help soothe skin tightness.
Avoid using any type of exfoliating product on the treated area for 72 hours after treatment or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity. If skin is no longer sensitive, MultiVitamin Thermafoliant may be used to slough off peeling skin.
6. You will likely begin peeling within 2-3 days. This is normal. DO NOT pick or peel at loose skin. This may cause discolouration.
7. Continue to moisturise the treated area for the duration of the peeling process. Applying Multi-Active Toner, Skin Hydrating Booster or a slightly thicker moisturiser such
as Intensive Moisture Balance throughout the day can help maintain hydration and decrease the appearance of flaking.
Once peeling and redness subside:
Resume the regular Dermalogica daily routine that has been recommended by your professional skin therapist.
Following your treatment your therapist will
verbalise these instructions and provide written Post-Treatment instructions for you to take home with you. You will be required to initial the Consent Form to confirm you have received these instructions.
As part of each treatment all clients will receive an Aftercare Kit (worth £15.00) as part of their treatment package, with all the products you will need to care for your skin post treatment which
- UltraCalming Cleanser 7ml
- Barrier Repair 3ml
- Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 3ml
- Intensive Moisture Balance 7ml
- MultiVitamin Thermofoliant 10ml
£65.00 - 60 Minutes
Course of 3 treatments £165.00 (saving £30) includes Dermalogica After Care Skin
Kit value £25