Advanced Dermalogica Facial Treatments
Advanced, powerful and very specialist these advanced Dermalogica treatment are 100% customised to your skin’s needs based on consultation and thorough zone by zone facemapping skin analysis making it one treatment that’s different every time. We will choose from a Dermalogica AGEsmart, UltraCalming, Medibac Clearing and ChromaWhite TRx, to create the ultimate skin treatment
Bio Surface Peel
Bio Surface Peel
So what’s so great about it? Let us tell you. Many chemical peels today are too tough on skin – so tough, they can damage living cells and cause adverse side effects. But NEW Professional Expert Strength BioSurface Peel is different.
The product of years of research by the skin health experts at Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute (IDI), it powerfully targets fine lines, hyperpigmentation and breakouts to take skin health to a whole new depth – even for sensitive skin.
BioSurface Peel can be used to help:
- Decrease surface roughness
- Treat breakouts
- Reduce fine lines
- Stimulate cell turnover and collagen production
- Brighten the skin
- Minimise the apprearance of pigmentation
- Reduce signs of photageing, skin ageing and breakouts
Why BioSurface Peel?
Formulated with the most progressive technology available to minimise downtime while still attaining exceptional results. It is a biologically active, biphasic peel that will work on both the epidermis and the dermal-epidermal interface.
How a chemical peel works.
All chemical peels work by removing the outer layers of the skin. The depth of the peeling is determined by the chemical agent used and the concentration, among other factors. Following a chemical peel, the deeper layers of the skin will respond by regenerating new skin and by increasing the production of collagen. The result is a look that’s smoother and more youthful.
How is it different to other Dermalogica skin treatments?
This is Dermalogica’s most powerful resurfacing system to date. BioSurface Peel is unlike any other professional treatment on the market. It delivers visible results without the adverse side effects of aggressive chemical peels. This intense treatment requires the professional skin therapist’s undivided attention. therefore, there is no customising, no mixing and no massage.
As this is an advanced treatment a consultation and patch test are required at least 24 hours before your first treatment. A course of treatments is required, with a minimum of 3 treatments, but ideally 6, at regular intervals. Your skin expert can advise you on the best treatment for you and help you to acheive your desired results. There are important pre-peel preparations and post treatment instructions, so these will be discussed with you prior to commecing your course of treatments. Find out more about the guidelines below.
Bio Surface Peel pre-peel preparation
The treatment you will receive is designed to exfoliate or remove dead skin cell on the outer (epidermal) layers of the skin. Depending on the treatment, you may experience some temporary burning, itching, stinging or warm flushing. This will fade within 5-10 minutes and your professional skin therapist will discuss and monitor these sensations. During the next few hours, you may experience some tightening of the skin, which may last for several days. For some clients, a light flaking may begin within 2-3 days after treatment. It is impossible to pre-determine how much peeling will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 7-10 days.
Your full participation during and after the treatment will determine the outcome. It is important that you strictly adhere to the homecare products and regimen that your professional skin therapist has recommended. The Bio Surface peel may not be suitable for everyone and it will be left to the therapsist expert advice as to whethere or not the treatment can carried out.
Before you receive each Bio Surface Peel treatment you will be asked to confirm the below statements:
- I have not received a cosmetic or resurfacing skin procedure such as laser, light therapy, chemical peel or microdermabrasion within the past 2 weeks.
- I am not pregnant or lactating.
- I have not used any prescribed topical medications such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Retin-A.
- I do not have any active cold sores.
- I have not received Botox or other injectable procedures within the past 6 weeks.
- I have not used Isotretinoin (also known as Accutane) in the past 6 months.
- I agree to apply sunscreen protection (minimum SPF30) daily.
- I agree to notify my professional skin therapist of concerns.
- I agree to follow the prescribed protocol.
- I agree to avoid direct sun for 2-3 weeks.
- I agree not to wax for 72 hours.
You will be asked to sign a Consent for Treatment and your therapist will verbalise and provide written Post-Treatment instructions.
BioSurface Peel will not be offered to new clients prior without a full consultation. It may be necessary to carry out a specified homecare routine for the weeks leading up to your first treatment to ensure that your overall skin health is good, which will result in improved results and safer practice. Please contact our Professional Skin Therapist if you have any questions.
Bio Surface Peel Post Treatment Instructions
Use the following guidelines until your skin has resolved peeling (approximately 7-10 days.) For more sensitive skin or after a more intense treatment, consider following these guidelines for at least 10 days.
1. Immediately following treatment, apply a broad spectrum physical sunscreen (minimum SPF30) such as Dermalogica Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 or UltraSensitive Tint SPF30. Avoid direct daylight exposure for 2-3 weeks and wear a 3” wide brim hat if going in the sun is necessary. Direct sun exposure must be avoided to prevent hyperpigmentation.
2. On the day of treatment, avoid strenuous exercise or prolonged exposure to heat sources such as dry saunas and steam rooms. Increased blood circulation to the face will cause an increased warming effect, which could lead to discomfort(prickling, itching, etc.), redness, inflammation, swelling or other side effects.
3. Increase your fluid intake for 2-3 days after the Bio Surface Peel treatment
4. On the night of treatment, rinse your face with cool water and a gentle cleanser such as UltraCalming Cleanser, then moisturize skin with a barrier-protecting moisturiser such as Barrier Repair. This will help soothe skin tightness.
5. Avoid using any type of exfoliating product on the treated area for 72 hours after treatment or until your skin shows no signs of sensitivity. If skin is no longer sensitive, MultiVitamin Thermafoliant may be used to slough off peeling skin.
6. You will likely begin peeling within 2-3 days. This is normal. DO NOT pick or peel at loose skin. This may cause discolouration.
7. Continue to moisturise the treated area for the duration of the peeling process. Applying Multi-Active Toner, Skin Hydrating Booster or a slightly thicker moisturiser such as Intensive Moisture Balance throughout the day can help maintain hydration and decrease the appearance of flaking.
Once peeling and redness subside: Resume the regular Dermalogica daily routine that has been recommended by your professional skin therapist.
Following your treatment your therapist will verbalise these instructions and provide written Post-Treatment instructions for you to take home with you. You will be required to initial the Consent Form to confirm you have received these instructions.
As part of each treatment all clients will receive an Aftercare Kit (worth £15.00) as part of their treatment package, with all the products you will need to care for your skin post treatment which includesd:-
- UltraCalming Cleanser 7ml
- Barrier Repair 3ml
- Super Sensitive Shield SPF30 3ml
- Intensive Moisture Balance 7ml
- MultiVitamin Thermofoliant 10ml
£65.00 - 60 Minutes
Course of 3 treatments £165.00 (saving £30) includes Dermalogica After Care Skin Kit value £25
Ion Active Power Treatment
Ion Active Power Treatment
THE ION ACTIVE POWER TREATMENT is an exciting new addition to the advanced treatments available from the Dermalogica Professional Expert Strength treatment menu. With 4 active products in the Ionactive System, this skin treatment takes just 60 minutes.
THE ION ACTIVE POWER TREATMENT combines thermal activity with super charged, advanced treatment room technology to optimise product penetration. The results … a dramatically improved skin condition. An action-packed treatment with rapid, visible results
LED light, is the rejuvenating spectrum of light. With an exact exposure of 15 minutes at the correct frequency, this light energises, rejuvenates and repairs damaged skin, while naturally boosting your body’s own production of collagen. The treatment leaves you with younger, smoother, plumper looking skin.
The 4 IonActive products that the treatment features use cutting edge advanced ingredients and are designed to target specific skin concerns including:
- Skin aging.
The treatment is unique because it uses professional modalities such as:
- Galvanic Iontophoresis
- Ultrasonic & ultrasound which convert the highly active IonActives into electrically-charged atoms for optimal ingredient penetration.
The treatment is completed with a choice of ExoThermal (heating) Gelloids and EndoThermal (cooling) Gelloids, which are perfectly paired with LED lights or massage modalities to seal the ingredients into the skin. This allows a deeper penetration of ingredients and retention in the skin. As a result the active is able to create a biological change to the skin resulting in longer term skin health benefits.
What Ingredients are in the IonActives?
Dermalogica IonActive uses encapsulated ingredients. This means that the power and activity level of the ingredients are preserved therefore delivering powerful results for each treatment every time. Each ingredient is encapsulated with either a liposome or lipid microstructure that ensures delivery of quality measured powerful ingredients into the skin for optimal results.
Here are a few of the key ingredients in the Ion Actives:
Niacinamide—A clearing ingredient, perfect for preventing breakouts in acne prone and congested skin.
Hyaluronic Acid—A hydrating active that delivers intense moisture to dry and dehydrated skin whilst calming sensitised skin and helping to build the skin natural defence.
Ligiopeptide—A brightening concentrated active that helps to inhibit pigmentation resulting in a more balanced skin tone. The ingredient also works to control pigment production therefore helping to prevent future pigmentation developing.
Retinol— firming concentrated active with an amazing 1% microencapsulated retinol to address the visible signs of skin ageing such as fine lines and discolouration.
Why do I need this treatetment?
Challenging skin conditions such as premature skin ageing, acne and dehydration often need more intense, invasive treatments in order to show dramatic results. Not everyone has the time for long treatments but still want the results.
THE ION ACTIVE POWER TREATMENT allows your skin to receive the benefits of an intensified treatment in only 60 minutes, with no discomfort or down time.
How does it work?
THE ION ACTIVE POWER TREATMENT works with the skin’s natural biology to produce enhanced benefits. With each treatment completely personalised according to your Face Mapping skin analysis, to determine which key actives will be applied to your skin. Available concentrates include:
- Retinol to firm and reduce visible signs of skin ageing.
- Niacinamide to control and prevent adult acne breakouts.
- Hyaluronic Acid to relieve dehydrated and / or sensitized skin.
- Oligopeptide to brighten hyperpigmentation for a more balanced skin tone.
After these actives are applied to the skin, they become “supercharged” with thermal activity generated by your skin therapist, who uses heating or cooling Gelloids (massage medium-masque hybrids) and the latest technology to drive ingredients faster and further into your skin. Technology used can be Galvanic, High Frequency, ultrasonic, Ultrasound and LED (Light-Emitting Diode) Therapy, depending on your specific skin needs.
What can I Expect from an Ionactive Treatment?
You will immediately find your skin revived and refreshed. Most clients notice further visible results immediately after treatment. You can expect to see even more progression of results after a few days and across a course of treatments. Whilst results will depend on your specific skin condition and how frequently you receive IonActive Power Treatments, you will immediately find your skin to :
Have less fine lines and wrinkles.
Have less visible breakouts.
Have an improved skin texture.
Have a more balanced skin tone.
How do I Treat my Skin after an IonActive Treatment?
Your skin condition at the time of treatment, skin concerns and dedication to a good skin care routine post treatment impact the frequency and results of IonActive Power Treatments. If you follow a good skincare routine at home this will maintain your general skin health and the results of your Ionactive treatment.
Ion Active Power Tretament
£65.00 - 60 Minutes
Course of 3 treatments £165.00 (saving £30) includes Dermalogica Skin Kit value £35