Micro-blading Brows (also known as Epi-Brows)
This amazing new 3D microblading Semi Permanent Make-up Technique will give you the full eyebrows you have always dreamed of that look just like your own natural hair growth. 12-18 months. The treatment is
perfect for those suffering alopecia, trigonometric or any other condition that causes hair loss. Its also perfect for those who have over plucked their brows in the past or have sparse areas they want filled in.
Microblading gives the effect of ultra-fine delicate hair strokes and blend flawlessly with your own natural brow. If your brows have gone completely microblading can re-create
an entirely new brow for you. Using a specially desgined microblade natural 3D strokes are placed under the epidermis for the ultimate tailored brow.
After the initial treatment you are given a top up 6 weeks after the procedure free of charge. The procedure is ideal for people who have no hair growing back in certain areas of the eyebrow to fill in the gaps.
BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
Prior to your permanent cosmetic enhancement think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field of colour
analysis and makeovers, we ensure that the correct colours and styles are chosen for you, however you are part of the decision-making process.
cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results you will be required to return for at least one control procedure four to six weeks after the initial application.
Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Please wear your normal make-up to your enhancement appointment.
- Do not take aspirin or Ibuprofen 2 days prior
to and after your enhancement.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days prior to and after your enhancement.
- A sensitivity test will be performed unless waived upon request.
- Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not use AHA skincare products
close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
- As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a permanent
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks
prior to your enhancement.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 5 days prior to your enhancement.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your enhancement.
After your treatment
The area treated may show redness and swelling and that the colour looks dark and intense – this is quite normal.
Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has completely healed. A 4/6 week healing time is required before any more work can be undertaken.
In order to let your brows heal well, avoid water on the brow area, make up to the brow area, the gym, sauna or pool for 7 days.
Once the area has healed completely, approximately one week, consider using a waterproof total sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the colour fading.
Strong chemicals or glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause the pigment to lighten. Always telephone and check with your consultant if in any doubt.
Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss. You will go through three healing phases: 1-heal, 2-peel and 3-fade
You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area, this is quite normal and will subside within 12 hours. If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood weeping you can gently clean the area with saline, cool boiled water and gauze, blotting
gently dry to remove any moisture.
With clean hands and a cotton bud apply a fine layer of after care balm to the treated area. Repeat this procedure
up to 3 times a day if the area feels tight.
After the fine scabbing has sloughed away you will see a different hue to the colour implanted.
- Giving Blood – The Red Cross have suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following treatment.
- MRI Scans – This procedure shows up as an artifact on the scan. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify your radiologist.
– Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. The client should be advised that injectables should be carried out after a microblading procedure and not prior.
- Laser /Pulsed Light – Laser or pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments can cause colour change – it is important to advise the therapist that you have had Microblading procedure as this cannot be rectified with another
- Colour Refreshing – To keep your new brows looking at their best it is recommended that you have a colour refresh procedure every 12-18 months
- All clients have lots of questions about the procedure. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers
How long does the procedure last?
- This varies from person to person – a colour refresh is recommended on average
from 12-18 months after your initial procedure.
How long does the treatment take?
The procedure is split into 2 appointments which are 4-6 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. The initial procedure will take from 60 to 90 minutes, and your second
appointment takes from 30-60 minutes
Does the application hurt?
Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable where as other clients report no discomfort at all. A combination of 2 anaesthetics are used – a topical numbing cream and then a local anaesthetic
is introduced once the procedure has started. This is topped up regularly during the treatment to keep you comfortable.
How do you choose a colour?
We choose a colour together by applying small amounts of different cooloured pigments to the skin near to your brows, and selecting the best match for your skin
tone, features and personal preference.
What will they look like immediately after the procedure?
Your brows may be a little swollen, red and sometimes blanched (white). This is all very normal. They will be considerably darker for the first week before they begin to fade out to a softer colour
Do I need a patch test?
Yes all clients
need a patch test at least 48 hours before the procedure. This can be posted out to you if you live a long distance away
How do you choose the
We choose a shape and style together. At the beginning of the procedure Luisa will draw in a suggested shape for your new brows and
then we work together to perfect this to your preference. Measurements are taken to check symmetry and placement.
Can I have my brows microbladed
if I'm pregnant?
No you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Does it hurt afterwards?
The area can be a little sore for the first few hours,
and then tender to the touch for a couple of days